PONNALA LAKSHMAIAH B.E., M.S (USA) Minister, Major Irrigation, Govt of Andhra Pradesh and Member of A.I.C.C

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mr. PONNALA LAKSHMAIAH, B.E., M.S (USA), Minister, Major Irrigation, Govt of Andhra Pradesh and Member of A.I.C.C ..........


PONNALA LAKSHMAIAH B.E., M.S (USA)
Minister, Major Irrigation, Govt of Andhra Pradesh and Member of A.I.C.C
Academic Qualifications: M.S., (Mechanical Engineering, U.S.A.)
B.E., ( Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University)


Achievement and honours:

• Minister, Major Irrigation, Govt. of AP (2004 - Current)

• Minister, Govt. of AP, 1991-92

• Instrumental in launching World Bank Aided Projects for Aquaculture in Andhra.

• Chairman of Foreign Delegates Committee at AICC Plenary Session 1992, Planned and coordinated the visit of high level international delegates including former Prime Ministers

• Participation as a National Delegate to Asia Pacific Region Countries to study new avenues and mechanisms to establish indigenous Aquaculture units in Andhra Pradesh.


• Participated as a delegate in SAARC Conference on culture at New Delhi representing the State of Andhra Pradesh.


• Initiation and implementation of appropriate technology transfer/collaborative industrial agreements with Germany and Italy.

• Invited to interact (Lecture) with 1993 Batch of I.A.S at Lal Bahadur Sastri Academy, Mussori.

• Nizams Charitable Trust Scholarship for Meritorious students to study abroad.


Born in a remote village with no educated person in the family or relations for generations together, struggled very hard to come through top ranks all through. Maintaining high standards in academic studies with no assurance of adequate food and shelter and reaching the level of M.S. (Mech.Eng.) from USA has taught many a lesson of practical life to me. Having experienced and seen the stark realities of rural poverty particularly in the backward Telangana region, my first priority has been to help these communities to come out of shackles of poverty and to provide a reasonable and decent life with dignity. Accordingly, I left USA bidding good-bye to a lucrative job and comforts of life over there which has been the dream of many people and put all efforts to generate rural employment in the region of my birth place. As a first step towards that goal, man power oriented industry, viz., Poultry Breeding, has been established in the region where there was an absolute poverty thus providing ample employment opportunities to a few thousands of uneducated and unemployed people. Promotion of Dairy Units at the community level in the chronically drought prone areas has been yet another effort that I put in with good results. The initials impact on the families of having at least one bread earner in the family was clearly discernible. Having done this, I never looked back again towards the green pastures of the West. Not forgetting for once the purpose of coming back to India, I rigorously pursued my cherished goal as a Member of the State Legislature and as a Minister as well. In fact, I wish I would have even more avenues for such services to the hapless people to live with human decency and dignity.


Activities and Objectives:

• Organizations of institutions in Government and Non-government sectors for rural development.

• Developing strategies and policy frame work active involvement of rural communities in development and socio-political activities.

• Launching new initiatives of participatory rural bodies for specific area of income generation and human rights awareness, this is essentially the bottom-up approach for social emancipation in the rural context.

• Developing novel at integrated instruments with social character aimed at integrated rural life into rapidly changing socio-economic scenario in Indian and Global Countries.
Minister, Major Irrigation, Govt of Andhra Pradesh and Member of A.I.C.C
Please email me your comments and suggestions at
lponnala@yahoo.com
Ponnala Lakshmiah

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am G. Naveen Kumar Goud, 21 years old, I have completed B. com from Osmania University. I am a Blogger and ad publisher. I do ad publishing on the web and blogging - info containing persons, businesses, products and services. I am a web designer and do freelance works of websites.....